Smash Bros. Dojo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate Smash Bros. community!

Home  Forum Rules  Log in  Latest images  Register  Search  

Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence)

Go down 
+2
salad
Smash Leader
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Smash Leader
Head Administrator
Head Administrator
Smash Leader

Number of posts : 181
Wii FC : 0445 8658 3665 4199
Brawl FC : 2449 4341 0859
Main : King Dedede
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence) Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence)   Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence) EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 5:15 am

I think I'll get this too. Any thoughts or reviews anyone? I like everything. (Except for Star Killer making out with some lady.)

Last edited by Smash Leader on Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.smashbrosforums.com
salad
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
salad

Number of posts : 216
Main : Yoshi
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence)   Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence) EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 5:32 am

Well the links didn't work. but Ive seen the previews, and it looks like one if not the best Star Wars games
Back to top Go down
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170052
Firus
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Firus

Number of posts : 158
Wii FC : 8277 0343 2620 8287
Brawl FC : 1203 8907 5110
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence)   Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence) EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 7:58 am

I intend to get the game, it looks pretty awesome, but due to the lack of a good physics engine on the Wii I think I'm going to wait until I get a 360 and then get it for that.

Let's face it, 3rd party titles have never been Nintendo's strong suit.
Back to top Go down
lead farmer
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
lead farmer

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence)   Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence) EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 12:02 am

This and Lightsaber Duels may likely be the LAST Star Wars games we'll EVER see, until Battlefront 3.

I hope they end the year with flying colors, and with Force Unleashed, they've done so.
Back to top Go down
Generator
Generator

Number of posts : 65
Wii FC : 3290 4175 4290 1278
Brawl FC : 2964 8275 1288
Main : Mario

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence)   Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence) EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 11:56 pm

I'm looking forward to it. I'll probably end up picking it up for my PS3 though, because of the graphics.
Back to top Go down
Firus
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Firus

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence)   Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence) EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 8:35 am

Generator wrote:
I'm looking forward to it. I'll probably end up picking it up for my PS3 though, because of the graphics.

Don't forget the physics.

I just saw a book for this in the store the other day (didn't know they were making a book out of it, but I'm not complaining) and read the inside flap. The plot sounds really interesting, I'm even more excited to pick it up now.
Back to top Go down
lead farmer
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
lead farmer

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence)   Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence) EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 12:59 am

Well, I just played the demo for 360...

It's disappointing. Short, slightly choppy graphics, and limited enemies to humans and droids, with an AT-ST mini-boss.

Gameplay is too complex for my liking too.
Back to top Go down
Xykonaut
Xykonaut

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence)   Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence) EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 1:41 am

I'm absolutely going to get this as soon as my money allows me to. Though this is the first I've heard about the Wii version having shoddy physics, I'm still going to get it for that. Seriously, you're swingin around a LIGHTSABER. How much more awesome can you get than that?
Back to top Go down
Firus
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Firus

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence)   Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence) EmptySat Sep 20, 2008 4:37 pm

Xykonaut wrote:
I'm absolutely going to get this as soon as my money allows me to. Though this is the first I've heard about the Wii version having shoddy physics, I'm still going to get it for that. Seriously, you're swingin around a LIGHTSABER. How much more awesome can you get than that?

The Wii is physically incapable of having the same physics engine. I don't know exactly what that means it'll be like, but it won't be very good most likely, or at least not as good as Xbox 360/PS3.

Also, yes, you're swinging a lightsaber around, but keep in mind this game won't have Wii Motion +. So it'll be as good as Twilight Princess, where a good flick of the wrist does it.

But I can definitely understand the appeal of the Wii. Those are just my opinions on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Xykonaut
Xykonaut

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence)   Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence) EmptyWed Sep 24, 2008 11:41 pm

Okay, now that I actually HAVE it, I can give a nice little report. Eh, graphics are fairly shoddy, but that's to be expected from the Wii. Also, like Firus said, not much sensitivity on the Wiimote. Story is **** awesome, explains a LOT from the ads, and you get 1: customizable lightsaber mode, 2: play as Darth in the beginning. All in all, compared to the other consoles not so good. Standalone next to OTHER games out right now, pretty freakin awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence)   Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence) Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Force Unleashed (Warning: Violence)
Page 1 of 1