Smash Bros. Dojo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate Smash Bros. community!

Home  Forum Rules  Log in  Latest images  Register  Search  

Most Overrated Game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Firus
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Firus

Number of posts : 158
Wii FC : 8277 0343 2620 8287
Brawl FC : 1203 8907 5110
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Most Overrated Game Empty
PostSubject: Most Overrated Game   Most Overrated Game EmptyWed Sep 17, 2008 7:34 am

First of all, I want to make it clear that this should be a healthy argument without flaming. This is purely opinion on the most overrated game. If you give an overrated game, give a reason why you think it's overrated. If you disagree with someone, give reasons why. But do not get out of control with the arguments. Just want to make that clear.

Personally, I'm thinking Super Mario Galaxy at the moment.

It was an okay game. It was relatively easy (can be beaten in a matter of days with a healthy amount of hours put into it). It felt kind of repetitive, in my opinion. The 3D, Galaxy-type platforming is something I find rather annoying and not quite as revolutionary as it's made out to be.
But most of all, it gets praised like there's no tomorrow. I've even heard talk of people calling it the best game ever, which is ridiculous. Even if you like the game, you have to admit that there are a lot of retro games that deserve that title much more.
Back to top Go down
Xykonaut
Xykonaut

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated Game   Most Overrated Game EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 1:38 am

Oh boy, THIS is gonna get interesting REAL quick. Also, agreed Firus. I keep hearing things like "YOU CANNOT BE A GAMER WITHOUT PLAYING IT! IT IS GOD GAME, LOLOLOLOL." ... Oookay then... But anyways, people really need to get over it. There is NO such thing as a perfect game, and chances are there never will be (even though Portal comes pretty close Razz)
Back to top Go down
salad
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
salad

Number of posts : 216
Main : Yoshi
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated Game   Most Overrated Game EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 2:12 am

Firus, I agree with it being easy and that it istruly overrated, but I enjoyed it while I played it (YAY LUIGI) but after I finished it it was just another game in my collection. Brawl is a very good game, and very overrated (in a bad way
Spoiler:
)

Xykonaut, do you remember this "KILL THEM, THEY'R DIFFERENT!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170052
Xykonaut
Xykonaut

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated Game   Most Overrated Game EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 2:37 am

salads wrote:
Xykonaut, do you remember this "KILL THEM, THEY'R DIFFERENT!!!!!"

Hahaha, how could I forget that?
Back to top Go down
lead farmer
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
lead farmer

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated Game   Most Overrated Game EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:59 am

Halo 3 is currently the only overrated game that comes to mind. I just love them all, lol.

Mario Galaxy WAS good- to an extent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Overrated Game   Most Overrated Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Most Overrated Game
Page 1 of 1