Smash Bros. Dojo Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ultimate Smash Bros. community!

Home  Forum Rules  Log in  Latest images  Register  Search  

The Official Xbox 360 Thread

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Firus
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Firus

Number of posts : 158
Wii FC : 8277 0343 2620 8287
Brawl FC : 1203 8907 5110
Registration date : 2008-08-16

The Official Xbox 360 Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Official Xbox 360 Thread   The Official Xbox 360 Thread EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 6:07 pm

Discuss the Xbox 360 here.

To start off the thread, I need some help from people who have experience with a 360; is it worth buying the console (the original, not the Elite or Arcade) without the hard drive, used from GameStop, and buying one later or should I bite the bullet and spend $130 ($170 for the used, $300 for the new) more to get a new console which comes with the hard drive? I'm trying to find the cheapest alternative possible but if I'm going to end up spending a ton of money to buy the hard drive later, and it's going to be a necessity soon into the 360's lifespan, it might be worth it to buy a newer one guaranteed to have a warranty and have the hard drive packaged in already.

So basically, do you think it'd be better to have a used console or a new one, and do you think that the hard drive is necessary relatively early on?
Back to top Go down
lead farmer
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
lead farmer

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-08-17

The Official Xbox 360 Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Xbox 360 Thread   The Official Xbox 360 Thread EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:58 am

Best system on the market.

1. Great Games- Xbox 360 has arguably the best selection of games available thus far, with great titles such as:

Mass Effect, Gears of War, Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, Viva Pinata, & Soul Calibur 4, to name a few.

2. Graphics- Though not as overall appealing to the eye as the overrated PS3's Blu Ray, Xbox 360 has games that actually MATCH up to the standards of almost nearly PS3 title you can name. Gears of War, IMO, is STILL the game with the greatest graphics ever.

3. Online- PSN is free. SO? 360 has MUCH more- a larger, friendlier community, better online games, has the Xbox Marketplace, and has MUCH better Arcade games than PSN.

4. Exclusives- Many of the 360's exclusives have ported to other systems, simply because they are THAT good. Some of these titles include Bioshock & Gears of War.
Back to top Go down

The Official Xbox 360 Thread
Page 1 of 1